Solidarity of Faith
The Board of Regents, administration and faculty of Oxford Graduate School stand in solidarity with the historic Christian faith as founded in Scripture and embodied in the Apostles’ Creed and the Nicene Creed and popularly expressed by the following statements:
- We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God.
- We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- We believe that God brought the world and the universe with all its systems and forms of created life into existence, including angels and Lucifer who became Satan, leader of fallen angels.
- We believe in the full historicity of the Scriptural record of primeval history.
- We believe in the full deity and humanity of our Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood, in His bodily resurrection, in His Ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory.
- We believe that for the salvation of lost and sinful man, regeneration by the Holy Spirit through faith in Christ’s finished work is absolutely essential.
- We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a godly life.
- We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; they that are saved unto the resurrection of life, and they that are lost unto the resurrection of damnation.
- We believe in the spiritual unity of believers, the universal body of Christ.